Onsite Hard Drive Shredding
RESPONSIBLY DESTROY YOUR OBSOLETE HARD DRIVES
According to the EPA’s most recent statistics about electronic waste, consumers and businesses rendered obsolete nearly 2.5 million tons of electronics as of 2009, but only 25% of it had been collected for recycling. Some of it was discarded in landfills or incinerators. The rest of it sits somewhere in storage along with 5 million more tons of old, unused computers and other electronics. In fact, consumer electronics are the fastest-growing category of waste.
If not disposed of properly, e-waste leaves behind lead, mercury, cadmium, and other toxic waste that becomes hazardous to both humans and the environment. These computers and electronics also contain precious commodities such as scrap metals, copper, gold, plastics and ceramics that could be recycled, refined or reused.
Maintain complete control over your sensitive data and recycle responsibly by letting TBS Industries take care of your electronic waste destruction. We offer cost-effective solutions for all companies, regardless of size, and all of our services can be performed on- or off-site.
Onsite Hard Drive Shredding
Whether you have a few obsolete office computers ready for destruction or hundreds of them, TBS Industries can come to your location to physically destroy your data-bearing hard drives, tapes (e.g., reel to reel, backups), and/or recordable media, such as DVDs. Our onsite hard drive shredding service offers you the highest level of safety and security.
Our mobile hard drive shredding equipment:
• Is 100% portable, clean, quiet and fast;
• Permanently destroys all data on the hard disk by applying 20,000lbs of force onto the platter of the drive;
• Crushes the hard disk’s spindle and forms ripples in the platter, rendering all data irrecoverable;
• Shreds everything into pieces (shred size can be controlled to comply with diverse government regulations);
• Is capable of destroying over 100 drives per hour.
Don’t accept vague promises from recyclers about what will be done with your e-waste. TBS Industries allows you to witness the destruction yourself. Without leaving your desk, you can watch a live video of our experienced destruction technicians while they work.
TBS Industries’ onsite hard drive shredding service is the ideal solution for highly sensitive, classified or confidential business data that cannot leave your site. Our expert destruction services eliminate any risk of corporate data theft caused by the improper disposal or careless storage of obsolete electronics. The shredding process makes all of your important data irretrievable.
Fully Auditable Reporting
TBS Industries provides our mobile hard drive shredding clients with a comprehensive inventory of destroyed items and fully auditable reports, including the following:
• Certificate of Destruction to certify that you have used environmentally responsible methods to destroy and recycle your e-waste;
• Fully itemized report includes dates, location, make, model, serial numbers, asset tags and disposal details for hard drive destruction and/or data sanitizing;
• Documentation of the chain of custody if your equipment is removed for destruction on our premises;
• Video evidence of the destruction of your computer hard drives.
We are confident that our onsite hard drive shredding services are safer and more secure than you will find anywhere else. And, unlike many of our competitors, TBS Industries’ services are backed by our Errors and Omissions liability insurance.
Compliance and Certification
Your business can be 100% certain that your confidential data has been completely erased and that your hard drives are unreadable, cleansed or completely destroyed. TBS Industries’ mobile hard drive shredders, degaussers and data wiping software are certified annually and meet or exceed the following local, state and national data destruction guidelines and more:
• NIST standards (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
• DoD regulations (Department of Defense)
• HIPAA compliance (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act)
• HITECH requirements (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act)
• FCRA responsibilities (Fair Credit Reporting Act)
• GLBA provisions (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
• NISP safeguards (National Industrial Security Program)
• SOX standards (The Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
• FACTA regulations (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act)
Other Data Destruction Services
Degaussing - If you are concerned about erasing all highly confidential patient data or financial records before your hard drives are shredded, you may wish to take advantage of TBS Industries’ hard drive degaussing services. Degaussing renders the hard drive unreadable by using powerful electromagnets to erase it, and the data cannot be reconstructed.
Data Wiping – If you plan to sell or donate your used computer equipment, TBS Industries can protect you from potential legal battles and ensure the privacy of your clients’ data by “wiping” (erasing) the data from the hardware with our professional software. You will receive complete documentation of everything that was destroyed and your equipment can change hands without any fear or uncertainty.
Our eRecylcing Pledge
The goal of TBS Industries is to work with you to make your e-waste destruction and recycling program the best solution for your business from the standpoint of security and accountability, cost-effectiveness, and environmental responsibility.
TBS Industries has a rigorous “No Landfill” policy for the protection of both the environment and human health. Reusing computer components and materials and extending their lifespan reduces the amount of e-waste. Once destruction has been completed, we securely transport the waste to our processing facilities in Philadelphia and Mexico City for responsible recycling.
TBS Industries is an industry leader in scrap metal, circuit board and gold recycling. We have the lowest refining costs in the country by virtue of the quantities of precious metals we refine each month. This allows us to pass on substantial cost benefits to our customers.
- - -
Contact TBS Industries today for onsite hard drive shredding and data destruction services you can trust. We will be happy to help you implement an efficient, low-cost recycling program to prevent your company’s sensitive data and e-waste from falling into the wrong hands.